Monday, May 1, 2017

The Near Horizon: May 2017

So, for once, I think I'm not disappointed with the amount of work I got done on The DOOM Chronicles and Gathering Darkness. Although I can't say that I'm satisfied.

That being said, I'm afraid that I must now deliver unhappier news. After almost a four month break from writing original fiction, I am now officially back at it. As of this week, my original fiction project has shifted from planning and pre-production into actual writing. So far, I've got about 4,000 words written for it.

I don't want to say too much about it, mainly just because although I'm very certain about the project itself, I'm not sure about its publication. This is a list of what I'm willing to release.
  • I am going to attempt to get this published at an actual publishing company. I've been scoping them out for years and not only do they seem pretty competent and dedicated, but they seem interested in publishing primarily exactly the kind of stuff I write. Honestly, I'm more concerned about convincing them that I'm good enough to offer a contract to.
  • It will be novel length. Probably longer than most of the Shadow Wars books.
  • Although it can stand alone, it definitely can and, if at all possible, will be part of a series.
  • It will be a post-apocalyptic survival/horror story.
  • Yes, there will be monsters.
  • This will not be released under my name. I'm staring a second pen name. I learned a lot writing The Shadow Wars, and it'd be nice to be able to put that knowledge to work from the beginning, instead of precariously piecemealing it together over months and years.
That's about it, honestly. I'm going to try and focus hard on getting this novel written. Waiting to find out important stuff really messes with me, and this novel is kind of the next big step in my career. Honestly, the biggest so far. I need to find out if this is going to work.

As always, thank you sincerely for the support!

-Obsidian

No comments:

Post a Comment